Resources: Microsoft Excel®, SuperFun Toys Case Study, SuperFun Toys Case Study Data Set
Review the SuperFun Toys Case Study and Data Set.
Complete the Excel SuperFun Toys Case Study Data Set spreadsheet that includes two tabs, found under Student Materials. The calculations from the worksheet should be used to provide the analysis for the case study paper.
Write a 500- to 750-word case study paper that provides the interpretation of the results for the following:
- Use the sales forecaster’s prediction to describe a normal probability distribution that can be used to approximate the demand distribution.
- Sketch the distribution and show its mean and standard deviation. Hint: To find the standard deviation, think Empirical Rule covered in Week 1.
- Compute the probability of a stock-out for the order quantities suggested by members of the management team (i.e. 15,000; 18,000; 24,000; 28,000).
- Compute the projected profit for the order quantities suggested by the management team under three scenarios: pessimistic in which sales are 10,000 units, most likely case in which sales are 20,000 units, and optimistic in which sales are 30,000 units.
- One of SuperFun’s managers felt the profit potential was so great the order quantity should have a 70% chance of meeting demand and only a 30% chance of any stock- outs. What quantity would be ordered under this policy, and what is the projected profit under the three sales scenarios?
- Be sure to show your work in the Excel Spreadsheet.
Format your assignment consistent with APA format with at least one (1) peer-reviewed reference and at least one reference from the assigned readings. Please include an Introduction, at least two (2) Level One Headings and Conclusion Heading.
Submit both the Excel SuperFun Toys Case Study Data Set Spreadsheet and the paper