Discussion 1: The Single Story
Must post first.
Review the TED Talk
Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger of a Single Story
using at least two of the required readings from this week, answer the following questions:
· What stories did you grow up with? These could be from books, TV shows, movies, or another source.
· How did these stories influence your perceptions of yourself and of the world?
· Did you identify with the background of the main characters or were they from a different background than you? How did this affect you?
· As an adult, what stories do you identify with?
· How are these stories similar to and different from the ones you grew up with? How might this relate to your exposure to and understanding of diversity?
· Are there certain areas of the world or certain people about whom you only have a single story? (Think long and hard before saying that you don’t have a single story about anyone. How likely is this to be the case?)
· What role does diversity play in your workplace, social life, and/or education?
Provide your initial post by 11:59 pm on Sunday. Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length, excluding the discussion prompt and the references. Please use in-text APA citations within your post as well as full APA references at the end of your post.