Choose a public figure you are familiar with who is in a leadership position. This person could be someone you know, an individual you have read about in magazines or newspapers or have seen him or her on TV. Pick someone others are likely to know. The person could be a leader in politics or government (at the national, state, or local level), or a leader in the community. For the leader you have selected, answer the following questions:
1. What traits does this leader appear to possess?
2. What behaviors does this leader engage in?
3. Is this leader relationship-oriented or task oriented? How favorable is the leadershipsituation according to Fiedler’s contingency model?
4. How does this leader try to motivate his or her followers?
5. Is this a transformational leader? Why or why not?
The assignment must be 1 ½ pages, double-spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins. Please remember to number each response.