1. Identify two ideas for each of the following that demonstrate your thoughts and/or what you’ve learned, appreciated, or have questions about.
A Rulebook for Arguments
- Chapter V: Arguments about Causes
- Chapter VIII: Argumentative Essays
They Say/I Say
- Chapter 5: “And Yet”: Distinguishing What You Say from What They Say
- Chapter 6: “Skeptics May Object”: Planting a Naysayer in Your Text
“Essential Skills for Academic Papers,” pages 19-27
2. Discuss each of the following in 125-150 words. What ideas stand out to you as important and why? What is a topic you’d like to investigate more through your own research?
- Complete all elements of the prompt.
- Write clearly and logically