Due Sunday Feb 7, 2020 (5 paragraph paper)
The world around us continues to grow and change. In order to communicate with the diverse people from different cultures in the expanding global environment, we need to understand and deal with our own perceptions and sense of self.
Review the concepts you have learned about Interpersonal Communication, Identity, and Perceptions in Chapters 1, 2, and 3 in the Wood (2020) textbook. Choose a particular culture in the world whose members have very different perceptions about identity and effective communication than your own perceptions about identity and effective communication. Do some research to learn more about this one particular culture and the norms that shape its forms and expressions of communication, identity, and perception.
Draft a well-organized five-paragraph essay (one Introduction Paragraph, three Body Paragraphs, and one Conclusion Paragraph) that declares a thesis statement and clearly answers the following prompts:
· Compare and contrast your own perceptions of identity and effective communication with the perceptions of identity and effective communication often held by people in this other cultural group that you have chosen.
· How would you have to adjust your own perceptions and sense of identity and effective communication in order to include this person in your own life as a friend, co-worker, or community member?
· Imagine that you have to live or work closely with a person from this culture. What are some things you would do (concepts that you would apply) to best communicate your own ideas, wants, and needs with a person from this particular culture?
· Why is dual perspective, as described by Wood (2020, pp. 38-39) an important part of this process for you?
*Use terms or concepts from the textbook (Wood, 2020) and cite all sources that you use to back-up the thesis of your paper in APA style. This will require that you develop a clear thesis statement, and support it with research and organized thoughts. Cite the sources that you use to back-up the thesis of your paper in APA style. This includes a Title Page, in-text parenthetical citations and a Reference page.
· Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title on the Title Page
· Use one-inch margins.
· Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
· Use double line spacing in the document.
· Minimum fo 500 words.
· Cite at least three scholarly sources, to include resources from the modules and/or your own outside research (at least one of them should be the Wood (2020) textbook)
· Use APA Citation Style (opens in a new window) for in-text cit