emergency management programs
is important that you begin to think about the breadth of knowledge, research, and practice in emergency management so that you can anchor your entry point into this complex discipline. If you have not already done so, view the interactive media piece, Timeline of Public Safety. You will be asked to add three disaster events to the timeline: one regional, one national, and one global. At the end of the interactive media, you will be asked to export a PDF copy of the timeline you have created. Attach the PDF of the timeline to your discussion response, so other learners can refer to it as they read your post. For your main post:
- After reviewing the Timeline of Public Safety, explain how the emphasis on disaster has changed over time. What factors have influenced the shifts in approach and focus? Discuss how paradigms continue to evolve.
- Using Tierney’s and Mileti’s articles from this unit’s studies as a foundation, explain what future trends are anticipated in emergency management. Research an example of a company or technology that is already utilizing the benefits of future trends.
- Future trends are new computer technology or approaches to solving emergency management issues. Identify one future trend and explain how it is being utilized. How does the use of this new approach or focus help prevent, or respond to, a disaster? A future trend can be new technology or a new method that helps in emergency management operations either at an emergency or in daily operations.
For your main post, complete the following:
- Discuss the purposes of the Incident Command System (ICS), types of incidents it may be used for, and the members of the general staff.
- Create an incident that would utilize the ICS. Imagine who would be involved from the general staff and what their roles and functions would be.
- Identify the support staff and describe what they would do. Assign everyone according to what you learned in the IS-100.Bcertification.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!