Genetic diagnostic testing has been developed for many individuals with a history of disease in their families. The testing can identify if an individual has a defective gene.
For this discussion, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of genetic testing.
- Include whether or not you would have genetic testing done.
- Explain your answer.
The minimum requirements for class discussions are to respond directly to the discussion prompt and to respond to at least two other posts, by other students or the instructor, by the end of the week. The discussion will close on the due date and will NOT be reopened for a late submission.
- Submit one main post responding directly to each part of the discussion prompt(s) by Thursday at 11:59 PM ET.
2. Reply to at least two posts (at least 50 words in length each) by Sunday at 11:59 PM ET. Responses can be made to students or to your instructor.
3. Responses to other individuals’ posts should:
- Expand on their ideas.
- Discuss the differences between your thoughts and theirs.
- Explain why you agree or disagree.
- Always remain respectful.