Creating an organization-wide culture of safety is vital to any health care organization. For this assignment, assume that you are working as a health care executive for a large health care system that includes both in-patient hospitals and a wide array of outpatient services. Your role includes ensuring all clinical department heads have resources necessary to create and ensure a culture of compliance. You have decided to create training for top managers to help them develop a culture of safety for their staff. The training is designed for nursing managers, intake managers, clinical supervisors and other leaders that oversee staff with direct patient care.
For this assignment, develop a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation that outlines your culture of safety and compliance for your department training. Your training presentation must include the following concepts:
- Examination of the role the quality professional has when working with federal, state, or local agencies.
- Description of how leaders develop and establish protocols to identify and monitor patients who qualify for being at risk.
- Analysis of best practices, current trends, and proven approaches for creating a safety culture with various departments of a health care organization.
- Analysis and recommendation of evidence-based best practices that help improve an organization’s health care safety culture.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation, excluding the cover slide and references list. Include slide numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: 3-5 current peer-reviewed references.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, for citations and references.
- Font and font size: Fonts and styles used should be consistent throughout the presentation, including headings.
Review the scoring guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment. Submit your PowerPoint presentation as an attachment to the assignment area.