Read and review the selected case study from the required text, and answer the analysis questions.
After reviewing the background section of the Vanguard International Growth Fund Summary in your textbook, provide answers to the following questions:
1. Explain why an individual investor might want to invest in an international growth fund.
2. Describe the risks associated with making an investment in an international growth fund. Identify the risks that would be common to domestic and international funds, and those risks that would be unique to an international fund.
3. Discuss how the fact that foreign companies are not subject to the same accounting, auditing, and financial reporting standards and practices as U.S. companies. Explain why this poses a risk not typically encountered when investing in the stock of U.S. companies.
From: Doupnik, T., & Perera, H. (2014). International accounting (4th ed.) (p. 22). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Each answer is to be clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Journal articles and books must be referenced according to current APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
- Your answers must present a research-based rationale citing outside sources when appropriate.